Saturday, February 23, 2013

Easy Healthy Greek Salad!

     My Favorite salad right now is a Greek salad, it just really has a unique flavor. I eat salads regularly and a lot of times I'll meet people that say they don't like salads or they just don't realize that there are so many ways to create a salad. You can use so many different ingredients with different tastes to accommodate anyone's taste-buds. Sooo I'm hoping to eventually have a database of salad recipes of all varieties to meet anyone's salad wants. Today I thought I'd share with you just a simple recipe, and show you what I put in my Greek salad.

Ingredients:
  • Lettuce-any kind you want and as much as you want. I use baby lettuce type mixes and about 2 cups of lettuce.
  • Tomato
  • Red onion
  • Cucumber
  • Fat Free Feta cheese
  • Kalamata olives- I use about 4 cut up.
  • Red wine vinegar- Instead of dressing, it's sprinkled on top of the salad. Don't use too much or it will be too strong. You can mix this with olive oil if you prefer, but I don't.
  • Chicken-This is optional and really isn't included in most Greek salads but I like to add some grilled chicken every once in awhile.
                                        Just throw it all together in a bowl and enjoy! :)
Leave me a comment below! Let me know what you think and if you did anything different with your salad.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...