Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Healthy Homemade Pancakes!

I don't like pancakes all the time, I have to be in the mood for them. Recently I made some that were really good! I decided to take a picture and share the recipe. Here's how I make whole wheat pancakes.

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
1 cup almond milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
cinnamon to taste
1/2 cup of fruit of your choosing-I like blueberries or strawberries.

Mix all the ingredients together, you can add the fruit into the batter and then cook the pancakes or sprinkle fruit on top. 


*Makes 8 pancakes-about 235 calories for 3 medium sized pancakes
*Tips: Use honey instead of syrup or a natural syrup-->1 cup chopped fruit and 1 cup of water. Boil until the water is reduced and starts thickening. 50 to 80 calories per cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...