Monday, September 8, 2014

PiYo Workout Program

why-what-athletes     This week I am starting things off with a the new workout program I started. I am 5′ 7″ and this morning my weight was 137 lbs. This is a lot higher than normal, I weigh myself at least once a week. I am usually around 130 lbs. So I would say at least 5 lbs. is just water weight. I haven’t been eating that great recently.


I started PiYo a few days ago. I did the first four videos for the first week. During the Align: The Fundamentals video I burnt about 150 calories. I will continue doing the PiYo videos but not only those videos.


PiYo is a Beachbody program lead by Chalene Johnson.This is a 60 day program based on yoga and Pilates movements. I originally wanted to do this program with P90x3 as well. P90x3 videos are only 30 mins long so I figured it’d be a great way to intensify my workouts.


I am sure I am not the only one questioning whether this workout is enough to get great results. I did want to see the true results with just this program, for myself but also so I can share it with you guys. Honestly I did not feel like I was done, I could and wanted to keep going. Based on  the calories I burnt each workout (about 150) and how I felt, at least for me, one PiYo workout is not intense enough. I will add other videos like P90X3 along with it.


I will be only consuming 1200 calories base, so not including what I burn and eat back. For example. If I burn 300 calories, I can eat 1500 calories for that day. I will only be doing this for the first 3 or 4 weeks.  I will then continue on after with a maintaining diet of at least 1700 calories base. So I would probably be consuming at least 2000 calories with a workout each day.


To see what this workout program is about check out this video: http://youtu.be/8ZPZJgyGMrs


Click the image at the beginning of the post to check out the program on the Beachbody website!


If you are interested in the idea of doing a PiYo and P90X3 hybrid, you can find the calendar for that here.


Have you started PiYo? What do you think? Are you interested in doing the hybrid? Let me know in the comments below!!!


Ashley


 


 



PiYo Workout Program

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...