Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Reese's Cup Protein Shake Recipe

    It is always frustrating when something gets in the way of your workout. It is hard enough to get motivated, get pumped up and walk out the door to the gym. Unfortunately today the security company that works for the apartment complex I live at decided to lock the gym at 9:45pm. What time does the gym normally close? I am not really sure anymore. I was told 11pm but some days it's earlier other days they don't lock it at all. I should get a real gym membership? I know.

     So I had to then figure out how to workout legs in my apartment, which is on the third floor and I have neighbors below me. Haha I do have weights and what not in my apartment so I figured it out alright.

     My workout struggle aside, today I made an awesome protein shake. It tasted pretty similar to a Reese's Peanut Butter cup. I actually posted the recipe on Instagram so if you follow me you may have seen it. If you aren't following me, well then you seriously should :)
Instagram
Twitter


So like I said this protein shake is awesome and I am going to share the recipe on here with you. Enjoy!


  • 3/4 C unsweetened almond milk
  • 1/2 of a banana, frozen and cut up.
  • 1 rounded scoop of a chocolate whey protein (I used Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey in Mocha cappuccino)
  • 2 tablespoons of natural and if possible unsalted peanut butter. (I like crunchy)
  • You can also add ice if you like though I did not when making it.
It's pretty simple, throw everything together and blend.
This contains about: 390 Calories, 34g Protein, 14g Sugar, 24g Carb.
It is not something to drink everyday but is great as a snack substitute for pre or post workout.

Tweet at me, leave me a comment on my google+ or Instagram and let me know what you think!


Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...