Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Fitness and Stats Update

     Over the holidays and beyond I did not eat as clean as I should have. I put on some weight. I am currently at 134.2 lbs. I'm not too worried about it but Summer is coming so I am going to cut (fat of course) for 5 or 6 weeks. It just depends on how I feel around that time. I have been working out but I just need to cut some fat so I have more muscle definition showing. I should get down to 128 lbs. I want to of course sacrifice the least amount of muscle possible, so i'll have to see what happens.

     I am going to be working out 7 days a week and resting only if I feel I need it. I do lift on the heavier side, completing around 10 reps of an exercise, no less than 8 but no more than 12. I do not engage in straight up cardio. This includes running, swimming, biking, etc. There are a lot of opinions regarding whether or not cardio is needed to lose weight and get fit. It depends on your goals but without getting into that whole discussion, I personally find that building muscle with weight lifting and eating an appropriate diet is usually enough. For me, that is how I can achieve the results that I want. Cardio, such as running, swimming or biking would not be appropriate for my fitness goals. However, I do like throwing in burpees, martial arts type exerises amd jumping jacks in my workouts which get my heart rate up.

     If you have a lot of weight or fat to lose, you may want to do some cardio, like jogging for 15 to 20 mins three times a week. A lot of people should start focusing on eating a clean diet and weight lifting.

     If you want more information this subject or  have any questions please feel free to leave me a comment/message on here, Twitter, google+, etc.


          Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...