Wednesday, November 20, 2013

My Holiday Workout Plan and Diet

     The past week has been really stressful for me. I've been stuck at home a lot trying to get homework and studying done. Midterms are just a couple of weeks away for me, so I'm trying to make sure I have a good understanding of all my reading material. Anyways I haven't been able to post anything in a few days and the above is the reason why.

     I wanted to share with you what my current diet is and what I am doing for my workouts. With all the studying I've been doing and working I feel as if I am not prioritizing my workouts like I should be. I've written out a new workout plan and diet plan so I can get back on track. I wanted to reach out to anyone who might want the extra motivation to workout and get ready for the summer. I know we are nearing Winter but like you may have heard, Summer bodies are made in the Winter. There are six months until May. Imagine how much can be accomplished in six months. I plan on working really hard so I can have the muscle and definition I want.

     Okay so right now I am around 128 to 130 lbs. I am okay with that, I just want to replace fat with muscle. My diet isn't as strict as it was at the beginning of this past Summer which I think has led me to look a little softer. I probably don't look drastically different but I don't feel I look as fit and defined as I did a few months back.

     I plan on Eating a 1200 Calorie diet for 2 weeks. This will help me shed any extra fat I may have put on. I am only doing this for two weeks as a cleanse. While on a 1200 Calorie diet I will only be drinking water and tea. I'm sticking with low/non-fat foods. I will not be eating anything high in sugar and I will avoid processed foods. If you want to get a better idea of things to eat you can check out my grocery list. The most important thing for me to cut out is sugary foods...I have been having a Starbucks problem recently.

     I know the holidays are coming up and it may be difficult to eat clean while everyone is
eating pumpkin pie and turkey, so it is important that you try to implement healthy recipes into your holiday meals. I personally will be making everything clean. You can substitute ingredients and almost anything can be made healthier and just as delicious. Also, eating a couple of desserts is fine. Just don't do it daily. Talk to your family about incorporating healthier options into the menu. I know not everyone in the family will be on board but this is your body, be in control of what you put in it. Don't worry about anyone else. You can also look online for healthy recipe options. I strongly suggest checking out Undressed Skeleton. Taralynn McNitt is the blogger behind it and she has so many awesome recipes that are clean and healthy.

    Side note sugar is one of the worst things for you to consume, especially in large quantities. There is a misconception that fat is really bad or that you have to cut out carbs. Fat and carbs (from good and nutrient dense sources) are important to our diet and what a lot of people don't realize is that sugar is really what is causing you to store and gain fat.

     For workouts I am planning on doing a hybrid between my own HIIT/ gym workouts and P90X. Actually if anyone is curious about what my HIIT or gym workouts consist of I can and probably will post something on that over the next couple of days.

     Hope everyone is having a good day,




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...