Sunday, June 23, 2013

How I make Sweet Potato Fries

     I'm not going to lie, french fries are good. Yes, I like them a lot and I do eat them...sometimes. The fact of the matter is that they are garbage when deep fried and smothered in bad fats (cheese, sour cream, etc. Regular french fries are really really high in sodium, very starchy, greasy, very high in calories and will probably make you look 5 months pregnant (ya know cause' of the sodium that'll cause water retention). Wow long sentence. Anyways, I have discovered that though french fries are good, sweet potato fries are just as good and after awhile of ditching the french fries you stop wanting them.
   
   You can eat regular fries from potatoes too if you follow this same recipe and cook it the same way. Sweet potatoes are a little better for you than regular ones, but as long as you aren't eating potato chips or fries from a fast food place you can definitely still indulge. Sweet potatoes are not as starchy. They are a good source of fiber and vitamin A. Alright, I'll get on to the recipe.



Ingredients: For two
  • 1 Large sweet potato (I prefer white sweet potatoes, but orange are fine too)
  • olive oil
  • black pepper
  • a tiny bit of garlic salt or sea salt
  1. Cut potato into strips, be careful sweet potatoes are harder to cut than regular ones.
  2. lay the strips out on baking tray.
  3. Sprinkle a little olive oil over fries (optional, I actually don't do this but some people prefer it. I can't tell the difference)
  4. Season fries, don't overdue the sodium.
  5. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.

*Serve with chicken, a turkey burger or underneath a fried egg (sunny-side-up).

Leave me a comment! And of course follow my blog!!! you can use your Google account to sign up on the left. Get updated when I post new recipes, fitness stuff or anything else that I find makes life happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...