Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Finding Motivation for Workouts

 


pin


There was a gym at my previous apartment complex, where I am currently living does not. Because of this I have not been working out everyday and to be honest I have been slacking on my diet as well. I’m not okay with this so I’m trying to re-motivate myself and get focused again. This is what got me thinking about what motivates me. Staying focused and determined to workout takes effort. Some days you wake up and are ready to go. Other days you feel lazy and down on yourself cause’ you could swear you gained 10 lbs overnight. I have to keep my motivation and inspiration levels high so that I am pumped and feeling excited about the body I’m building.  There are some things that I do to keep myself feeling positive and motivated about my fitness goals. And guess what? I am going to share them with you!


Let me know in the comment section if you like any of these or if you have any other things that you do to get you and keep you motivated!


1. Listen to an upbeat playlist. This a lot of times could include my workout playlist.


2. Look at fitness transformations on YouTube. I tend to watch a lot of the videos revolving around a Beachbody program (P90X, Insanity, etc.)


3. Look at boards on Pinterest. I Pin images that I find inspirational or that I find in some way visualize my goals. I find the Abs I want…and then I can make reference to it for future reminder of what I am working towards. It’s not weird. Do it.


4. Buy workout clothes that I feel like I look awesome in. Buying new workout clothes and having a nice selection motivates me to want to put on the clothes and show off the look at the gym. If you feel like you look good you’ll be more excited to get dressed and go workout. You will also feel more confident during your workout.  By the way, I go to Marshall’s, Ross and the Nike outlet for most of my workout attire needs. I hate paying retail. I buy my Nike gym shoes usually from Rack Room shoes for the buy one get one 1/2 off deal.


5. Look up new healthy recipes to try out. If your weekly menu is getting boring you’re more likely to end up straying. I’m a big fan of Fitmencook.com



Finding Motivation for Workouts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...